Saturday, March 9, 2013

In tune with Farhan Akhtar -To perform with Deep Purple in Kathmandu

Director turned screenwriter, producer, actor, playback singer, lyricist and a television host; he doesn’t have a bucket list to follow but just goes with the flow. Farhan Akhtar, at the moment, is all set to perform with the international rock band, Deep Purple, in Kathmandu on March 15. The concert is being organized jointly by Jet Set PR Entertainment and ODC Entertainment and is being promoted by Utsav Events.
Republica caught up with Farhan Akhtar for an interview. Excerpts:

How much of a Deep Purple fan are you? And how excited are you?
I’m a big fan of Deep Purple and I have been into their music since my teen years. We had this vinyl record, as I recall now, of the band’s album ‘Machine Head’ and I used to listen to that. I’m very excited to be sharing a stage with them in Kathmandu.

Are you excited to visit Nepal as well?
The last time I visited Nepal was in 1989, so I’m quite sure it has changed a lot. Also, the people love Deep Purple’s music and so do I. I’m already excited to visit Kathmandu and meet Deep Purple. This is like a dream come true for me.

What’s in the pipeline for you? What are you busy with at the moment?
I just finished shooting for ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ in Ladakh and I’m also working on this romantic comedy movie with Vidya Balan. A few projects and collaborations with other musicians are also in the pipeline. When I’m not working and busy, I just like to go sky diving (laughs).

How did the shooting for ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ in Ladakh go?
It was challenging to shoot in Ladakh. I’m extremely fortunate to be acting as Milkha Singh, a former Indian athlete. The shoot was an intense experience and had a lot of challenges. But as an actor, you want to take on new challenges and try something new. That’s just what I did.

Dil Chahta Hai was a turning point in your career and now whatever you do makes it to the news. How do you feel?

Frankly, I just feel old and I keep convincing myself that I’m not that old (laughs). Looking back 12 years to ‘Dil Chahata Hain’, it was an unplanned venture but definitely a dream come true for sure. It makes me so happy when people still say that they remember the film and that they can associate with it. As a director, I could not be more proud.

Are you planning to take on the director’s seat anytime soon?
Writing and directing are my first love and I will definitely do it. But one cannot push something and make it happen just because one loves it. It has to be the right story and the right script and everything should fall in the right place. May be that will happen soon, only time will tell.

You are a public figure and you’re surrounded with rumors and negative news. How do you deal with it?
I just don’t react. Thankfully I have not been involved in big scandals (smiles) but if the rumor or news has no truth in it, it will die its natural death. The best thing to do is not reacting.

You are a director, singer, lyricist, screen writer, actor, producer and television host. Not that there is much remaining but what else do you want to do in life?
I don’t want to have a bucket list of things I want to do or want to be. I think you have to work towards what you want in life. At the moment, I’m enjoying what I’m doing and I haven’t given a thought about what I want to do more.

Tickets for the Deep Purple concert are available at: t City Centre, Kamalpokhari; Bakery Café, Bhatbhateni Super Store, Bhatbhateni; Saleways, all stores; New Orleans Restaurant & Bar, Thamel and Jhamel, CT, Bauddha, New Road, Kirtipur; Casapagoda, Durbar Square; Saurav Music, Thamel; Buzz Café, Baluwater; Blue Note, Suwal Video, Bhumi and Trisara Restaurant, Lazimpat; Sulux Centre, Durbar Marg; Sherpa Mall, Coffee Express, Durbar Marg; Road House Café, all outlets; Radisson Hotel, Lazimpat; Puma Showroom, Durbar Marg; Vesper Café and 8 Degrees, Jhamel; Testi n Tipsy, Jamal; Game Station, New Road; Camellion, Freak Street, Basantapur; Tashi, Bauddha; Blink, Kumaripati; Sweet16, Bagbazar; Susimine, Kupondole; Dhokaima Café, Patan Dhoka; DMC Building, Pulchowk and Rangsansar, Kalanki.

source: republica,10 March 2013

Link:
http://www.tourismkathmandu.com/events/music_and_dance/details/405

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts